Subject: WINVID.ZIP - WIN3: Steve Gibson's WINVID video test
From: [email-masked] (Dennis Harris)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Apr 1993 00:31:19 -0800

At the request of author (and InfoWorld columnist) Steve Gibson
([email-masked]), who does not have ftp facilities, I have uploaded
the following file to WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL and OAK.Oakland.Edu:

pd1:<msdos.windows3>
WINVID.ZIP      WIN3: Steve Gibson's WINVID video test

WINVID incorporates the results of Steve Gibson's recent research into
Windows true video card performance.  It's a small text spreadsheet
which compares cards from ATI, Diamond, Hercules, Number Nine, and
Western Digital to each other.  True to the belief that more than one
"benchmark" should be applied, WINVID takes the position that what we
want is VALUE more than raw performance, and compares the cards' street
prices against many different performance criteria.  You needn't spend
a lot to have SOLID Windows performance!

Dennis P. Harris
Internet: [email-masked]
CompuServe:  [email-masked]